If you have children and iPad, you know how inseparable are these two. iPad can be very educational in term of developing your children’s reading, listening,reasoning and creative ability via its responsive application developed for children. On other hand, iPad can also be very addictive where a child can spend a full whole day playing games such as Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja and Cut the Rope or watching all types of videos on YouTube or other video application.
Would it be wonderful if you could force you children to focus on specific apps that you want them to spend on with such as children story books or certain educational apps. Well, with the recently launched iOS 6, it is now possible. Follow the steps below. This could also be useful for parents with younger children who want to prevent them from leaving a particular app or game.
If you have iPad 2 or 3rd Generation iPad, please update your device to iOS 6. Go to Settings > General > Software Update:
If you only have iPad 1, you’re out of luck. iOS 6 is not available for iPad 1.
If you already on iOS 6, skip this step and proceed to Step 2.
Go to Settings> General > Accessibility
Now, select Learning > Guided Access
Now, turn on the Guided Access. You will notice the instruction on the triple-click home button. Please take note on this since you’ll use this later.
You can set passcode for this guided access. If you do not wish to set up any passcode, you can skip this step. Without passcode, the guided access will be terminated immediately after the triple-click home button.
The preliminary setup is done.
- Select a specific App that you want your children to play with.
- Launch the App
- Triple-Click while you’re on the apps.
- You will see similar like the screenshot below:
- You can circle the area that you do not want you kids to have access to
- You can set the hardware buttons to “Always OFF”. This means that your children would not be able to change the volume or go back to the home screen just by touching home button once or twice as normally done.
- To turn OFF this Guide Access, simple triple-click the home button and enter your Passcode
Happy Trying!Reference Articles: